All of us have anxiety at some point of time or the other. Thinking too much about exams causes nervousness and anxiety. One can see the physical symptoms of anxiety such as nausea and chillness. The feeling of not being able to remember anything during exams is also part of the anxiety. These feelings of panic cause distractions and a student is unable to concentrate in the exams.
Anxiety has a great impact on the thought process. The physical symptoms combined with mental stress makes a person weaker and exams becomes more of a nightmare. The only possible way out of exam anxiety is to overcome anxiety and face the exams. Given below are a few pointers to overcome exam anxiety.
- Setting a time-table for a regular study/revision. If you follow a routine and finish your studies in the time allotted, then there will be no fear.
- Relaxing the mind through yoga, meditation or any other methods by which you feel relaxed.
- Balanced diet is the key to good health for the body and mind. Eat fruits such as banana, blueberries, vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, and nuts such as almonds will help provide you with sufficient nutrients needed to provide energy.
- Take suitable breaks while studying, so that your mind is not over-worked.
- Seek help from elders, friends if you have any problems while studying.
- Take a look at the sample papers, previous year’s question papers. This will help in easing the mental pressure, understanding the pattern of the paper, weightage of marks allocated for each section.
- Answer the sample papers and previous years question paper. This will boost your confidence and help in facing exams without fear.
- The more question papers you answer, the more it will boost your confidence. So, try to solve many question papers.
There is no other help that can be found for exam anxiety, apart from the fact that one must recognize their fear and try to overcome it.