Assignments are given to students to help them have a broader perspective of the topic they need to research.. The quality of the content matters a lot. Students fail to determine the quality of their research paper before submitting the same. The research paper needs to have a good introduction followed by thesis statement, body paragraphs and a conclusion.
Students need to understand the distinction between the local errors and the global errors. Local errors are those pertaining to syntax, structuring of the sentence and the punctuation. The global errors consist of those that are capable of affecting the larger organization on a large scale. Ensure that your paper is devoid of both kinds of errors.
Tips for determining the quality of your research paper:
- The first thing that you need to do is to review your introduction. The introduction has to be effective enough to keep the readers focused in the content. One needs to maintain the length of the introduction. It should not be more than a page unless and until you have a very long paper. Ensure to lead the introduction to the thesis.
- Thesis has to be clear and precise. The thesis should serve two purposes, they should guide you while you write and guide the readers when they read. The thesis should have a strong argument based on a debatable claim. The points in the thesis should make your argument strong enough and convince the readers too.
- The body paragraphs should follow your thesis statement. Do not introduce the same points as specified in the thesis.
- Review the paragraphs again. Check all the points in detail. Ensure that you have sub points and examples for all the points that you incorporate in your body paragraphs.
- Ensure that you have an excellent conclusion. Summarize your argument by highlighting the important points in the conclusion.
- Review the quotes mentioned in the paper. Citation styles are important. Cite sources wherever needed. This is important for avoiding plagiarism.
- Grammatical errors have to be seen and rectified. Small and simple errors can reduce your score. This is how you can determine the quality of your research paper and improve it wherever needed.