Sample Paper â€“ 2009
Class â€“ IX
Subject â€“ CHEMISTRY
(MATTER IN OUR SURROUNDINGS)
Q1 WHAT ARE THE CONDITION FOR SOMETHING TO BE CALLED MATTER?
Q2 NAME TWO PROCESSES WHICH PROVIDE THE BEST EVIDENCE FOR THE MOTION OF PARTICLES IN MATTER?
Q3 STATE TWO CHARACTERISTICS OF MATTER DEMONSTRATED BY
(A) DIFFUSION (B) BROWNIAN MOTION
Q4 WHEN A GAS JAR CONTAINING AIR IS INVERTED OVER A GAS JAR CONTAINING BROMINE VAPOURS, THE RED BROWN BROMINE VAPOUR DIFFUSE INTO AUR? EXPLAIN HOW BROMINE VAPOURS DIFFUSES INTO AIR?
Q5 WHAT IS BROWINIAN MOTION? DRAW THE DIAGRAM?
Q6 EXPLAIN WHY WE EASILY MOVE OUR HAND IN AIR BUT DO THE SAME THROUGH A PLANK OF WOOD, WE NEED KARATE EXPERT?
Q7 WHAT IS THE SCIENTIFIC NAME OF PARTICLES WHICH MAKE UP MATTER?
Q8 GIVE REASON TO JUSTIFY THAT:
- WATER IS A LIQID AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
- AN IRON ALMIRAH IS A SOLID
Q9 GIVE ONE EXAMPLE OF
- DIFFUSION OF GAS IN LIQUID
- DIFFUSION OF SOLID IN ANOTHER SOLID
Q10 NAME TWO GASES OF AIR WHICH DISSOLVE IN WATER BY DIFFUSION. WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF THIS PROCESS IN NATURE?
Q11 WHY DO GASES DIFFUSE VERY FAST?
Q12 WHAT DOES THE DIFFUSION OF GASES TELL US ABOUT THEIR PARTICLES?
Q13 WHY HEAT ENERGY IS NEEDED TO MELT A SOLID?
Q14 WHY DOES THE TEMPERATURE REMAIN CONSTANT DURING THE BOILING OF WATER EVEN THOUGH HEAT IS SUPPLIED CONTINUOSLY?
Q15 NAME ONE PROPERTY WHICH IS SHOWN BY AMMONIUM CHLORIDE BUT NOT BY SODIUM CHLORIDE?
Q16 WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE PROCESS DUE TO WHICH DRY ICE CHANGES CARBON DIOXIDE GAS?
Q17 STATE TWO CONDITIONS NECESSARY TO LIQUEFY GASES?
Q18 WHY DOES EVAPORATION CAUSES COOLING?
Q19 HOW WILL YOU DEMONSTRATE THAT WATER VAPOUR PRESENT
Q20 WHY DOES ALL THE WATER OF THE EARTH NOT GET EVAPORATED DURING HOT SUMMER DAYS?
Q21 WHY DOES A DESERT COOLER COOL BEETER ON A HOT DRY, DAY?
Q22 HOW CAN THE EVAPORATION OF A LIQUID BE MADE FASTER?
Q23 NAME ONE PROPERTY OF LIQUIDS AND GASES WHICH TELLS US THAT THEIR MOLECULES ARE PRESENT ARE MOVING CONSTANTLY?
Q24 NAME TWO GASES WHICH ARE SUPPLIED IN COMPRESSED FORMS IN HOMES AND HOSPITAL?
Q25 WHY DO GASES HAVE NEITHER A FIXED SHAPE NOR A FIXED VOLUME?
Sample Paper â€“ 2009
(Force and laws of motion)
Time 1 hr. M.M. 30
Answer the following questions:
(carrying one marks each)
- define balance and unbalance force.
- What is the useal name of force which canâ€™nt produce the motion but only change in shape.
- What is the total moment of bullet and gun before firing?
- Why are road accidents at high speed very much worse than accidents at low speed?
- A body of mass 25 kg has a momentum of 125 kg m/s. calculate the velocity of the body.
- define 1N force.
- write the relationship b/w force and acceleration.
- A gun man gets a jerk on firing a bullet why?
- State the low of conservation of momentum.
- Explain the case of hose pipe.
(carrying two marks each)
- A bullet of mass 10 gm moving with a velocity of 400 m/sec gets embedded in a freely suspended wooden block of mass 900 gm. Calculate the velocity of wooden block acquired.
- If action is always equal to reaction, explain why a cart pulled by a horse can be moved.
- A truck started from rest and rolls down a hill with constant acceleration it travel a distance of 400 m in 20 sec. find its acceleration and force acting on it if the mass of the truck is 1 metric tones.
- Explain the newtonâ€™s second law of motion.
- Why we use seat belts in car?
(carrying five marks each)
- A man throws a ball weighing 500 gm vertically upwards with the speed of 10 m/sec find :
- what will be its initial momentum?
- What would its momentum at the highest point.
- The velocity of a body of mass 10 kg increases form 4 m/sec to 8 m/sec when a force act on it for 2 sec. find
- what is the momentum before the force act?
- What is the momentum after the force act?
- What is the momentum gain in momentum per sec.
- What is the value of force?